As promised during my 3rd anniversary letter, i am sharing healthy recipes as my commitment towards your good health and here i go with my personal favorite temptation for this season.
Since Plums are in season at the moment and lets make it work for our health.
- One fresh plum (medium) contains 113 mg of potassium, a mineral that helps manage high blood pressure and reduce stroke risk.
- Ginger has been shown to be useful in the treatment of everything from cancer to migraines.
- Dates are even rich in several vitamins and minerals. They include, calcium, sulphur, iron,potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium which are advantageous for health.
- Dates help in fighting constipation, intestinal disorders, weight gain, heart problems, sexual weakness, diarrhea and abdominal cancer.
- Cayenne is a well-known digestive aid. It stimulates the digestive tract, increasing the flow of enzyme production and gastric juices. It stimulates intestinal peristaltic motion, aiding in both assimilation and elimination.
- Cayenne is a known circulatory stimulant. It also increases the pulse of our lymphatic and digestive rhythms. By heating the body, the natural process of detoxification is streamlined.
- 2 Cups Milk or curd or yoghurt
- 8 Plums (use smaller plums with bright red flesh)
- 1 Banana
- ½ Cup Dates (or any other dried fruit which can also be per-soaked for a smoother blend)
- 1 Cup Oats Or one cup of thinai or Quinoa
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract/essence
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (fresh or ground)
- ¼ teaspoon of Cayenne pepper (to taste or omit completely or try beetle leaves)
Blend the ingredients in the order listed. Add more water if required to thin it out. Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have. If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge.
Suitable for Special Diets:
Gluten free*, raw*, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free*, soya free*, salt free, nut free* *
This plum smoothie has a bit of ginger and cayenne pepper which gives it a real spicy kick. However if you are not into spicy food, don’t add the cayenne pepper or adjust it to your own needs. Non dairy milk from almond, rice, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk can be used too.
Do note calories listed are for half of the ingredients listed as it serves 2 persons.
For your good health…