Delivery FREE for Orders above Rs 400.
In the coming weeks my emphasis would be on Important Vitamins that essential for our healthier well being and optimal functioning. This article is about my favorite “C” which is a water soluble vitamin…
Our body requires vitamin C for the healthy growth and repair of tissues in every part of your body. Vitamin C is needed to form blood vessels, scar tissue, tendons, ligaments, and collagen (an essential protein that makes skin). Vitamin C is also important to heal wounds, and to repair and maintain healthy bones, teeth, and cartilage. Vitamin C is considered one of the safest and most effective nutrients to get into your daily life. Lot of people hope and believe it would cure your cold or flu, the fact of the matter is, it can only prevent and cant cure.
The body is incapable of making collagen without vitamin C. Collagen is an important structural element in blood vessel walls, gums, and bones. This vitamin is involved in the development of tissues and producing energy. Since your body doesn’t make vitamin C on its own and it doesn’t store this nutrient.
Few Benefits of Vitamin C
- Vitamin C helps produce collagen, a protein needed to develop and maintain healthy teeth.
- Vitamin C could help reduce some of the complications associated with diabetes.Vitamin C also acts as an antioxidant, scavenging potentially harmful molecules called free radicals.
- Vitamin C is most commonly known for aiding in the function of the immune system.It helps you heal from scrapes and bruises.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant and can protect your body from free radicals, which may cause heart disease and cancer.Vitamin C also helps with iron absorption.
- Vitamin C is also important in wound healing as a natural antihistamine, fighting viruses, and aids in the formation of liver bile.
- Depression and stress is also known to decrease vitamin C in the body. Thus depressed and stressed individuals also require greater amount of vitamin C
- Vitamin C is good for protecting your body. For vegetarians it is even healthier.
In dietary supplements, it typically is sold in the form of ascorbic acid, calcium ascorbate , sodium ascorbate, or a combination of these forms. Vitamin C also keeps your gums healthy. People with lack of Vitamin C often develop black, swollen gums otherwise known as scurvy.
The best sources of vitamin C are citrus fruits including guava and vegetables such as red peppers and cauliflower. Persons who take analgesics, anticoagulants, antidepressants, oral contraceptives require more amount as these drugs reduces vitamin C levels in the body. People who live in polluted areas and if smoking is your second nature do make sure you recharge the vitamin C levels in the body.
It’s up to you to get enough vitamin C through your diet. Getting enough vitamin C will keep you healthy and feeling good. Let me know your thoughts and experiences in the comments section. Chat with you below!