Delivery FREE for Orders above Rs 400.
The average person’s diet is high in inflammatory properties thanks to processed foods with high levels of sugar and low amounts of nutrients. The inflammatory processes of the body are often completely necessary.
They keep us free from foreign bacterial or virus invaders and stop us from being sick all the time.Too much of inflammation is a real cause for concern.
Protecting the body against developing inflammatory symptoms including cancers like lung, stomach, colon, and breast cancer and also provide protection against heart disease and other illnesses you need an excellent source of phytonutrients called betalains that helps in better absorption of manganese. Manganese is part of the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase, a powerful tool in the fight against dangerous free radicals.
When you eat manganese-rich foods like beets, your brain and nerves are able to function at their optimal levels.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of beets make them especially powerful for regulating blood pressure and keeping your heart healthy.
- Beets are also a great source of potassium, which helps offset some of the effects of high sodium intake.
- Beets contain nitrate compounds that are shown to benefit your cholesterol levels.
- If you need to help your body get rid of a build-up of toxins in your blood and liver, beets should belong in your diet.
- Beets produce nitric oxide, which helps increase blood flow throughout your body – and obviously to your brain. If you’re dealing with memory issues, or maybe you’re just feeling a little down, beets can help you tremendously.
And one more thing – beets can actually make your urine red in color! This condition is called “beeturia” and is nothing to worry about.
- Beets are also a great source of fiber, which allows the digestive system to function more properly and supports weight loss.
- Also, beets are very low-calorie foods, so you won’t have to feel guilty about adding them to your meals. A cup of cooked beet contains @ 60 calories, and its carbs come with a lot of the nutrients and phyto chemicals.
- Beets help to naturally balance your pH levels as well as alkalise your body.
- The nitrates in beets help your body by improving the way it uses oxygen, and the naturally high water content of the vegetable can help you stay hydrated.
We have shared on our Facebook page a recipe named “Beet up your Hummus !!” that included Beets, For a variety of ways to get all the health benefits of beets, share with us your recipes and techniques for cooking with beets!